In celebration of the Tokyo Olympics 2021 and the end of Covid restrictions, we are thrilled to throw our next Fit House social. Join us on Saturday 7th August 2021 for our summer family Olympics!
Arrive / registration: 9.30am
Games: 10am – 12noon
It will be a relaxed and fun morning of athletics themed events for all the family! You don’t have to bring kids at all, but they are more than welcome.
We will host a variety of events. We really encourage you to come and compete as a small team or family group.
There will be prizes awarded for various age and gender groups.
Events will include:
- Long jump
- Three legged race
- Ball toss
- And more!
MEET A TEAM GB OLYMPIAN!
Prizes will be awarded by GB Olympic athlete Dan Norton (in Tokyo now)! Dan is a two time Olympic athlete and silver medallist with GB rugby sevens.
Please let us know you are planning to come by confirming with us directly. info @ thefithouse.co.uk or 0 7 8 1 7 1 0 7 3 1 4
We will put on a BBQ for everyone on the day at 12noon (hence why we need your RSVP!). There will be burgers and a veggie option.
1 free burger will be available to all participants. There will also be burgers for spectators and extra for participants, but these will be at a small price.
- Do I need to join with a team or can I come on my own?
- You can come on your own! If you have family and friends who you want to join with, please do. We will keep family and friend groups together as much as possible but also make sure everyone can get involved regardless.
- Do I have to compete in every activity?
- No of course not. This is a low pressure, fun day. But we really encourage you to get involved as much as possible. It’s all about having fun.
- Can my kids participate?
- Yes. Everyone is encouraged to join in. If they are really little, you may just need to help them out.
- Do I need to be a Fit House member to come?
- Not at all. The more the merrier. Please feel free to bring a friend or family member along.
- What Covid restrictions are in place?
- From 19th July all Covid restrictions will be lifted in England. There are no restrictions on social distancing, numbers at gatherings or wearing of face masks etc. You should follow Government advice and guidelines in place after 19th July e.g. testing, isolating if necessary etc. If you would like to wear a mask, it is at your own discretion.
- What happens if it rains?
- We will attempt to continue where possible e.g. light rain. If it is a total washout, we will announce over social media & email.
- Do I need to confirm my attendance in advance?
- Yes please if possible. This will help us to plan the best event possible. However, we are happy to welcome everyone on the day regardless.
- Can I bring spectators?
- Yes of course, please bring them along. Burgers will be available to spectators who do not participate, at a small cost.